A versatile and varied workspace
The Covid-19 pandemic changed how colleagues wanted to access McCain’s workspace as working preferences changed. In turn, McCain identified the need to increase the draw of the workplace to encourage teams to come back together in the name of creativity. This is where our design team came into its own.
With this in mind, we integrated a range of working environments to cater for all needs:
- Individual air-conditioned, soundproof pods were installed to provide quiet space
- Sociable and vibrant collaboration spaces were created to bring teams together
- A new landscaped roof terrace complete with outdoor pods added yet another dimension
But it also recognises the importance of working from home and its integration.
- We implemented new technology to bring the home office and HQ closer together
- A specially-designed conference room table which allows everyone to be seen on camera during virtual meetings, no matter where they are sat, was installed to ease the strains of hybrid working and meetings with external clients
- Colleagues were given access to a fully integrated online meeting room and hot desk booking system, giving control over working environment to the team simply and efficiently
Making the most of the natural world
Bringing the outside in was a key feature of our project.
A living wall, ceiling foliage and two trees have been installed in a bid to improve wellness, while a further focus was on allowing more natural light to pour in. To do this, we removed all individual offices from the perimeter of the building, bringing them more central to allow the sun to shine through.
All flooring was carbon neutral. Furniture was sourced from sustainability-considered manufacturers to make sure no stone was unturned in the pursuit of a greener workspace.
Providing a platform for further growth
While our transformation focuses on the here and now, it also builds on McCain’s goals to continuously innovate.
Our fit-out featured its own state-of-the-art display kitchen and test kitchen incorporating a chef’s theatre to help drive new product development, along with a brand inspired auditorium to bring colleagues together in a less formal setting.
But it’s not all work. There is also space to unwind thanks to the rooftop terrace, contemporary central kitchen spaces and a bespoke games.